Need some help with tires

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I have a question about rims and tires. The tires on the bike now are 26x1.75 and i would like to know if a set of 2.125 all white tires would fit on the 26x1.75 rims. i reallly don't know and i couldn't really find any information on this so anything would help. thanks

yup! they will fit, with the exception of some very old light weights anything 26 x (decimal) will fit on a 559 ISO (modren mountain bike 26")rim . :D

I'm pretty sure they will, i'm running a 2.35 Schwalbe on a 26 X 1.75 rim. When it comes to the 'different' 26" rims I always thought if the tires have a dot in their size, 2.125, then it's 'regular' rim. If there's a / like in 26 x 1 3/8, then it's the 'S7' sized stuff.

Cheers!
Dr. T

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I'm pretty sure they will, i'm running a 2.35 Schwalbe on a 26 X 1.75 rim. When it comes to the 'different' 26" rims I always thought if the tires have a dot in their size, 2.125, then it's 'regular' rim. If there's a / like in 26 x 1 3/8, then it's the 'S7' sized stuff.

Cheers!
Dr. T

only Schwinns run S-? sized tires, the rest of the fractional tires are EA-? sizes and slightly different... :roll:

Yep, they will fit, just make sure the bike's frame is wide enough for the fatter tires.

ok thanks everyone but now i have another question, i was gonna go with the 26x2.125 all white tires but i was looking at the fat frank cremes and they are 26x2.35. are the fat franks 26x2.35 skinnier than the 26x2.125 tires?

Dr. Tankenstein said:
I always thought if the tires have a dot in their size, 2.125, then it's 'regular' rim.

If there's a / like in 26 x 1 3/8, then it's the 'S7' sized stuff.

the first bit's roughly right, but to talk of regular rims only adds to the confusion. the second bit only tell part of the story. 1 3/8" isn't S7

i've got three different bike with 26" wheels, they're all different and that's not even the full range available.

best off to just use the ertro size, ie. 584, 590, 597 or 559 (and that's just 26")

read this. it shows that S7 is a different size again, but not familiar to us in europe

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html

Back