Need some help on this one,please.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the moment,I run a Schwalbe Fat Frank 26x2.35 on an 80 mm rim. No problems this far,but Frankie has had his best time,so in the near future he will be replaced by a Schwalbe Crazy Bob. At least,that's the plan. Can anybody tell me the width of a fully inflated Crazy Bob? If it's too wide,my plan goes down the drain,because of no chain clearance. Thanx in advance,guys.

They are the same size and brand so I can't imagine they would be much different. The profile(shape) on the Big Apple, Crazy Bob and Fat Frank look very similar.

cman said:
They are the same size and brand so I can't imagine they would be much different. The profile(shape) on the Big Apple, Crazy Bob and Fat Frank look very similar.

I hope you're right,'cause the profile on a Crazy Bob goes all the way 'round the tyre (including the walls) and that's what worries me a bit.
So I hope the squares on the tyre-wall don't stand out too much.

You could try contacting Schwalbe. From their website http://www.schwalbe.nl
Schwalbe Nederland b.v.
Dirk Storklaan 25
2132 PX Hoofddorp
NEDERLAND
tel +31 23 5555265
[email protected]
If you had posted this last Friday I could have measured a C.Bob at the London bike show on Saturday.
Schwalbe and Continental had big stands with all their ranges on rims.

Back