need serial # help

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i picked this frame up and not sure what make and year, any help would be great. no head badge or serail #s. it a 24" after sandblasting the BB this is what i found
WC57 and 60??88

beachcruiser002.jpg

beachcruiser001.jpg

Re: help

looks 50s and thats a monark chainring maby a monark frame,idk im new at this still

adam any idea the year?

no head badge or serail #s. it a 24"

o.k. we now know it a monark sproket. (this many people cant be wrong right)

Just make up a year to tell people. 99% of them won't know anyway , and if you run in to RMS37 and he tells you your wrong , then ask him what year it is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yea yea thats it...........its a 1840 :mrgreen: yea yea thats sounds good

udallcustombikes said:
There are prolly two holes on the bottom bracket? that is where Monark attached a plate with the SN.

no holes under botton bracket

I would also say the sprocket is a Monark piece, and my guess would be that the frame is as well. Closer pictures of the rear dropouts and the fork crown might help someone identify it positively.

EDIT: A picture of the underside of the bb could also be helpful.

luciavisit037.jpg

luciavisit041.jpg

luciavisit040.jpg

luciavisit039.jpg

luciavisit038.jpg

hope they help

I back and checked my Fresh Find thread for my '49 Monark to refresh my memory because mind didn't have the bottom bracket tag either. My serial number was stamped on the bottom bracket, but it was very light. Keep stripping the paint and see if it is just hiding under the paint. My drop outs are different than yours, but it may just be a difference between the 26" and 24" frames.
2010-03-30010945.jpg

92a82298.jpg

2010-03-30011045.jpg

I'll hit it with the sandblaster and take a looksy

right on got the BB sandblasted and found something WC57 and 60??88 hopefully someone can help

can someone tell me more about the serial #s

ill do that

Back