Need help with a recent find... Its a 30s Aerocycle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the thread across the street has some serious action and serious characters! I seriously hope the OP puts this on ebay and gets a good price for it instead of listening to everyone. Ive seen estimates of 4500-10K now....quite a gap! Good luck with this man and dont let anyone steer you wrong! And no, I am not trying to get it either, I would take wayyyyy to much grief for buying a high dollar schwinn after all the crap i have talked! hahahahah

Thats the thing, do i list it here and there for a set value or go ebay? Thinking $8500 firm be a good place to start if i do decide to sell it here/cross the road ;). Leaves some meat on the bone for the next owner to get everything else needed...

Son should be able to help me drag it out 2mar for more pics, and to use his phone. Just been so busy lately!

Paint is not original. It has been brush coated all over.

The repaint is cool but original paint brings the money.

Some kid came up with that design back in the day.

8500 firm is a good starting place.

Watched a 1911 Harry sell for 6 figures and it had a bad repaint.

Folks will pay for rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to guess you didn't sell this bike yet and you haven't listed it on ebay. Just a bit of advice if you go the ebay auction route. There could be one person willing to pay $10,000 and the next highest person would be willing to only pay $8500. Sadly, you would only get the next increment above $8500 which would leave you losing over $1000. On super hard to find items, I do a price drop format listing. Something you have to do yourself. As long as you are in no hurry to make a quick buck, you'll get the most from doing it like this.

Start the price at $15,000. This will allow plenty of time for everyone to find it.
The very first thing you put in the 'item description' are the terms of the "Price Drop" format. Here is an example:

"Daily $___ Price Drop"
Price on this item will drop $___ each day at roughly __ AM/PM EST, give or take an hour until someone hits the "Buy It Now" button.

How much you want to drop the price each day is up to you. The lower the amount, the more you will make. On that bike, I would suggest $300 per day if you are in no hurry. Someone who is willing to pay $10,000 might be willing hit the button early and pay $10,600 in fear of not being the first to hit the buy it now button. Make sure you have your listing set up with the "immediate payment" option. That way the buyer can't come up with every excuse in the world about why it takes 20 days to pay you. When they hit the buy it now button, they will pay at time of purchase.

Well time for an update I guess... Ive run into some hard times, and as much as I wanted to keep it, I must part with it or loose my house. :(

Bike will be up for sale next couple days to the highest bidder, unless someone can offer a cash deal before I throw it up on ebay. It saddens me to even type this, and the amount of stress I am under is incredible.

Looking for cash, come pick it up in person... Best offer gets it!
Its in the for sale section on the Cabe

Last edited:
Well time for an update I guess... Ive run into some hard times, and as much as I wanted to keep it, I must part with it or loose my house. :(

Bike will be up for sale next couple days to the highest bidder, unless someone can offer a cash deal before I throw it up on ebay. It saddens me to even type this, and the amount of stress I am under is incredible.

Looking for cash, come pick it up in person... Best offer gets it!
Its in the for sale section on the Cabe

Wish you luck with the sale.

Latest posts

Back