Need help ID-ing Gifts from Sister

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
girlsbike2.jpg

girlsbike1.jpg

bike2.jpg

bike3.jpg

bike1.jpg

Can you help to identify the boys bike the other 2 I know about.
What a nice gift from a sweet sister!
Need to know all I can about the boys bike, never saw one with "H"s all the way around the crank sproket.

Thanks
Sludgeguy

I think it may be a Rollfast. The H chainring is for D.P. Harris? I don't know much about them, I'm sure someone will chime in that can ID it better.

from the badges the first blue girls bike is a Western Flyer, i think thats a 50s badge, dont know the second one, but the last one has a Rollfast badge like necessaryevil said.

First one's built by Huffman, second, obvioiusly a Monark, and yes the 3rd was built for DP Harris, hence the H sprocket. The actual mfg'er was the HP Snyder co., but most just call 'em Snyder, it's less confusing! They made all Rollfast badged bikes as well as most Hawthornes among others. Here's my Rollfast:
adamtinkererscollection007.jpg
~Adam

Thanks for the info everyone.

Rustinkerer about what year is the Rollsfast? I'm guessing late 30's.

thanks again,
Sludgeguy

Rustinkerer about what year is the Rollsfast? I'm guessing late 30's.
Well, I have the Rollfast/Snyder book from Classic Bicycle News,and the earliest catalog page is from 1932, showing a model 104D that has identical graphics. The 104D was a deluxe version w/rack, tank, light, and a bell, I think mine was a standard 104. There's also some 1934 pages which show similar models. The next pages are '36, and all their big bikes had balloon tires, and most makers had switched by '35. ~Adam

ok... it was mentioned that the first bike may have been a huffman, but that chainring and those angles tell me it may be a cwc framed bike (ie roadmaster) badged as a western flyer, since cleveland welding also made bikes for western flyer, along with huffy, murray and i think some shelbys, too. if the spiral chainring had only 4 spirals, it would be a wald chainring that coulda gone on anything, but 5spirals is cwc/roadmaster.

the 2nd i agree is a monark and the third one a hp snyder built rollfast or hawthorne. sweet bikes there! :D

Looking again, I'm gonna agree with Roadmaster that the 1st is a CWC. The horizontal cross between the top tubes, and the gothic fenders nail it. But, Huffman did have a similar sprocket, here's one I have w/a Dayton badge.
adamtinkererscollection2005.jpg

Sorry about not taking more pics of the first 2. I'll snap some more when I can today.
I'll make certain to get some detail shots too.

Thanks,
Sludgeguy

Rustinkerer said:
Looking again, I'm gonna agree with Roadmaster that the 1st is a CWC. The horizontal cross between the top tubes, and the gothic fenders nail it. But, Huffman did have a similar sprocket, here's one I have w/a Dayton badge.
adamtinkererscollection2005.jpg

good to know about that early huffman 5spiral chainring. another ring to add to my mental database, seeing how alot of what i know comes from all of you guys. good lookin out. :D

another ring to add to my mental database, seeing how alot of what i know comes from all of you guys. good lookin out.
Yep, I'm always learning new stuff, mostly from Phil! :lol: I'll also add that if sludge's WF had the original chainguard instead of that wald one, it would've been clear CWC right away! (or if it WAS a Huffman, like later WF's) -Adam

Latest posts

Back