need advice

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, kinda new to the hobby - havent tinkered with bikes since I was a kid.

Just wondering - would 26" wheels on a frame designed for 28's look weird? I've got 2 28" frames and 1 set of 28" wheels but wondering about different options for the 2nd frame. Easy enough to test if I had a set of 26's but I dont, so I figured I'd ask the experts.

Thanks

Hey Bug, Sometimes you can get away with it, It depends on what tires you use. If they fill up the space, they`ll generally look okay, but you`ve really gotta` try it to see...

MERK said:
Hey Bug, Sometimes you can get away with it, It depends on what tires you use. If they fill up the space, they`ll generally look okay, but you`ve really gotta` try it to see...

Thanks Merk, thats what I was figuring. Im guessing I'll have to change the forks for the front but more concerned about how the back would look with the extra space.

Better yet though, if anyone has pics of this particular setup that would really help me to decide if this is even worth the bother. I dont want to buy 2 26's and forks to find out I dont like it.

they usually dont look too bad with some fat tires like mentioned above, if the bike is fenderless its usually less noticeable too so it gets rid of the obvious gap

Latest posts

Back