NATURAL Rat!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ashes to ashes and rust to rust. I like it like this. I mean every one has shinny bikes but a bit made up of just rust is realy cool. Now I am going to try and find some realy rough accessories, and as much as i like the seat if this is going to be my rider I am going to have to find a better. Not much better but better.

100_1792.jpg

100_1794.jpg

100_1795.jpg

cropduster said:
Oh man, that painting is SUPER Cool!!! I Have been wanting, but procrastinating to do the same(a painting) with a photo of of my bike for a while now thanks for the inspiration to get cranking!!!

thanks
I have about 40 hrs in it right now, and it will take another 30 or so to finish it. Post a picture when you start yours. I would love to see it.

what are ya usin fer that painting? looks like acrylic or somethin like that. oils?

Oil on canvas. Frankly it takes a lot of oil paint to cover a canvas this large. If your intrested. I primed the canvas black. Did the drawing of the bike, then I reprimed the canvas whit leaving the bike black. Then I started painting the bike, and after the undercoat for the frame I repainted the white with white oil paint. Realy I have spent way to much time on this one, but it must be finished.

i would imagine so. thats why your unfinished pieces like the hus, grips, brake handles, an the pedals are black. never heard of that technique. im doing several oil on canvas paintings too, but they're not bikes. not yet at least.im doing one on a pair of my old converses(they're made of canvas, get it? :D ) ive got rat fink on there so far. i want to cover the whole shoe with stuff from ed roth, von dutch, all those kustomizers from the 60s. got a question. how do you make the paint dry faster, because mine takes FOREVER and im only like half done with all my paintings. :x

Latest posts

Back