Mystery sears gremlin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, i just found this bike and picked it up, it dosent look like a gremlin any idea what it is? Year? Value?

Attachments

• IMG_8977.PNG
    IMG_8977.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 336
You got you a Huffy Slingshot there. Great Score on it. It is a 70 or up bike with the 2 bar frame. Check the serial number on the left drop out. It will be a number then H or W then more numbers. Even with it being as ruff as it is it has all the parts. As for value it is hard to say these days. People have been paying big money for some bikes lately. A Slingshot is preferred over a Rail. A twin stick shifter is preferred to a single stick shifter. A 5 speed is preferred over a 3 speed. All that being said check out this bike on Ebay. Don't sell yourself short.!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-HUF...611393?hash=item25c5e07481:g:XVoAAOSwNRdX-sUI

Woah, I guess I need to find a new chain guard decal and insert. I already started cleaning the bike and the thing is cleaning up amazing, it is mostly first, and very minimal rust. More photos will be added soon of when I picked it up

Here are the photos i have from when i first got it. I will upload photos of it cleaned in a few weeks when its done. It was the orignal owners until the shed collapsed around it, and now i own it

Attachments

• IMG_8977.PNG
    IMG_8977.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_8985.PNG
    IMG_8985.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 288
  • IMG_8986.PNG
    IMG_8986.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 271
  • IMG_8984.PNG
    IMG_8984.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 263
  • IMG_8982.PNG
    IMG_8982.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 243
Your bike is a Sears Gremlin just like it says on the chainguard. MOST of the Gremlins you see are short frames, yours is the harder to find long frame. Like Jaxon said, this bike is basically a Slingshot with a different badge. Nice find, congrats.

Very nice find! Crash can hook you up with the orange insert to the chainguard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back