My Worksman Girls Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It originally came with one heavy duty rear wheels that weighs a ton. I decided to steal some parts of one of our boys's Huffy Cranbrooks. The wheels are just basic 26" chrome steel wheels. At most of the shops that I go to, they run $29.95 for the front and $35.95 for the back. Through trial and error as well as feedback from here I realized that I would have to change out my chainring as well. The original chainring is setup for the heavy duty rear wheel and uses a larger chain.

OK the bike has changed a little. I had a pair of black California bend apes in the garage and I really wanted the wide bars for another bike. So I was out in the garage watching TV the other night (isn't that where everyone watches TV?) and decided to change them out and see what it looked like. I really like it. It rides better as well. The wide bars are really cool but steering is limited. I was also originally going to get a new headbadge, but the more I looked at the old one the more I liked it. I just lightly sanded the oxidation off and sprayed it with clear coat. I agree pinstriping would look really cool and as much as I would like to go with painted stripes I am going to have to opt for die cut. I was at a sign shop earlier this week picking up some custom decals for a late 70's road bike I'm working on and asked about them. I can get them pretty cheap in one color. I thought about running a pattern about 8" long on the bottom on the back of both fenders. They may be able to match the green but I also thought about white or possibly even red. Let me know what you think. Here are the latest picture. The Oakley decal is just somthing I saw at a shop and put on there I don't think it's permanent. Thanks so much for all of the positive feedback.
DSCF4538.jpg

DSCF4542.jpg

DSCF4540.jpg

For some odd reason, I love the color you picked out. I never would have thought I'd like that color on a bike. Nice choice.
As for the refinery bikes, the make a good base don't they. Nice to have so many at your disposal. Down here in Texas City, they have enforced a bunch of new rules on us. One being that the bikes have to be inspected. Rumor has it that it was my chopper that drove them to change the policy which was to just check the welds before riding. Man, the bosses hated to see me ride that chopper across the unit! lol.
But hey, I always checked the welds before riding...... yea, right! :lol:
Now, pretty much all we can do is paint them. We use the best hard hat paint you can find (Krylon) lol. I am sure they will take that away next.
Notice the inspection sticker on the down tube? Lame huh.

and9uu.jpg

Those inspection stickers don't come off easy either. I had this frame boiled for a couple of days at the radiator shop. Whe I got it back, the inspection sticker and the Bowling Bicycles sticker was still on it. That is a sweet bike for inside the plant. I'm sure it gets some looks.

Well, being outside at the refinery 24/7, paint does not last long. Already repainted it metallic red, took off the old white walls and stripped the padding off the seat pan. The bare black seat pan, black rims and bars look pretty sweet on it too. But the REFLECTIVE TAPE they made me put all over it sucks. So I cut the tape into flames and stuck it on. NEVER GIVE UP! lol. :wink:

i'd have the stripes done in a dark green and white for you could use that combo on the fenders as well as for the frame.

I went and had some pinstripes cut at my sign shop. They look good for die-cut pinstripes, we'll see if they stay. I also had my decal I had made for my other bike cut for this one in another color.

WorksmanStriped.jpg

DSCF4754.jpg

DSCF4757.jpg

Back