My wifes ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked this up a few weeks ago at the local flea market. It's a 1960 Hollywood. Before I could get it in the door she was looking at the different handle bars I have! So after about an hour of owning it we had already put new grips and bars on it! Sorry for the sloppy picture it's from my phone
photo1-1.jpg

Next....new wheels and paint (cotton candy)
photo5.jpg

Here it is with new seat, wheels, and 26x2.125 WW tires
image-1.jpg

Next...she wants the fenders, frame, and chain guard flat black.

That look great.I like how you used straws to mask the spokes! 8)

Looks good with those pink rims, and probably look killer when you black it out :shock: 8) 8) Might want a pink seat then tho...... :wink:

I keep seeing how peeps use straws to cover spokes when painting the wheel, but I just can't seem to figure out how do you get the straw on the spoke? :?

Looking forward to seeing this lady in black :)

Thank you everybody! The seat has a pink stripe around the back of it. @ Fireproof I was happy with it when we got it home, but I have NO say on this bike......I'm just the laborer :| @Rat Rod....Thanks, might have to get her to read this post...but I don't think it will change her mind :wink:

I also think that the brown seat looks great with that color combo.

I think you need matching brown grips to really balance it all out though.

It's a combination I would have never thought to put together, but after seeing it....man it looks nice. :D

And also...it's really hard to beat vintage Schwinn paint....the cool factor is really strong. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
I also think that the brown seat looks great with that color combo.

I think you need matching brown grips to really balance it all out though.

It's a combination I would have never thought to put together, but after seeing it....man it looks nice. :D

And also...it's really hard to beat vintage Schwinn paint....the cool factor is really strong. :wink:
I agree with Steve.

I tried to convince her to keep the factory paint....not gonna happen :x I'll post some more pics when I get home from work....gotta go sell some car service :D

I'd vote for keeping the blue also. My wife has a 77 Hollywood that she insisted on me doing black/pink which required stripping great condition factory blue paint- it was painful! But it had a nice end result. I'm still planning to get decals for hers, along with a white seat and grips. The blue/pink combo works well I think, and the brown seat might look out of place on a black bike? Either way it's a good lookin bike.

Here's my wife's Hollywood.
IMG_8908.jpg

After work last night, I let her read all these posts....still pretty sure the blue is going to go! She says "it has scratches" , the other side is worse! :x
photo2.jpg

I did put her new sprocket on and painted an old fender I had flat black to show her what it will look like (you can kind of see it in this pic)
photo3-1.jpg

Well with much thanks to axsepul for the vinyl here's the chain guard. Flat black and metal flake behind the decal
photo4-1.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

I could not convince her to keep it blue!

I like the chaingaurd for sure. Very cool. Does she want it flat black or the metalflake gloss? I have a similar for my wifes Nike I'm restoring. Black with pink rims.. Along with many other pink accents. Looking forward to seeing updates.

ZbikerD said:
I like the chaingaurd for sure. Very cool. Does she want it flat black or the metalflake gloss? I have a similar for my wifes Nike I'm restoring. Black with pink rims.. Along with many other pink accents. Looking forward to seeing updates.

She is keeping the "two-tone" flat w/ metal flake on the chain guard. It's been a pretty busy summer so not much has changed on it. Going to wait and paint the frame this winter.

Back