My swingbikes & a link to a survey to see if they should...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bikebuilder said:
A few pics after some bondo and rattle can. I used a silver engine enamel as a base color with duplicolor's metal cast red and some clear engine enamel on top. I hope it lasts.

DSCI0207-1.jpg

DSCI0208-1.jpg

DSCI0210.jpg

DSCI0209.jpg

DSCI0213.jpg
Im more of a blue person opposed to rec but thats a beutiful color!

bikebuilder said:
wolfy, Yes a trike would work. The back end would work like a skateboard truck. and thanks on the cabinets?...

Random Bikes, Thanks, and do you have pics of yours on here? I guess I can just do a search.
Would you build a trike? how much would it cost me?

I could build you one. It would be fun. I built a rear steer only trike once. It was a blast, and I was able to learn a lot from building it as far as the geometry of it goes so it won't be too hard to make it work well. I see you are in NY. Shipping alone would be about $100 for just the frame. I would order a rear trike section to start with and go from there. If you are serious, I will see what I can find for that and if you send me a PM, I will get back to you with a final cost estimate.

Thanks carvingbike.

I just got the new bars today. They are a little taller than I thought they would be, but they're comfortable. I will try to get some better pics later. I noticed that these are alittle fuzzy looking.

DSCI0221.jpg

DSCI0224.jpg

DSCI0227.jpg

DSCI0228.jpg

Your youtube video inspired me to build my swingbike years ago, long before I found this site. I had wanted one for a while, and when I saw you guys having all that fun I knew I'd have to build one. I need to build another one, as my welding is much better these days. I bent the top tubes by hand using a concrete slab with a rebar loop in the top.
SANY0311.jpg

Back