My swap pick....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Found this incredibly clean '63 Schwinn American at the Indy show. No rust at all...At first I didn't like the paperboy basket on the back, but it is growing on me. I bought it and then decided to enter it in the Middleweight contest.....took first! Got to love that...

amer1.jpg

amer2.jpg

amer3.jpg

amer4.jpg

amer5.jpg

amer6.jpg

amer7.jpg

amer8.jpg

Thanks guys....the accessories all work perfectly. Supposedly they came on the bike originally, but who really knows right? :lol:

I know middleweights aren't the most valuable bikes, but with the accessories, condition, etc...I felt it was a solid buy at $350. I know I couldn't have built it for that price!

Wow, minty minty. I'd have had no problem at that price point either. Especially considering that thing looks near NOS.. insert still in the light? I almost wouldn't doubt that mileage.

Thanks guys....I am loving the bike. Popped the headlight open and it looks brand new like everything else. I put batteries in and tested all the parts and everything works like a charm. I swear that this bike looks like it is sitting on the showroom. I mean it has some minor blemishes here and there, but under the seat, fenders, etc....look like the inside of the horn...like they have never seen dirt. Either this bike was never ridden or someone did an amazing detail job.

If it is accurate mileage that would be amazing. Only 2.4 miles in nearly 50 years! I would have done twice that in the first day. I have found a few "Grandma's house" bikes that were rarely ever ridden though so it is plausible.

LOL...well, if it is accurate, I put .2 miles on it myself. I took it for a cruise around the parking lot to my car after the show.

For all I know someone could have ridden it to death delivering newspapers then cleaned it up and accessorized it years later. I mean it is hard to say, but it is the cleanest "unrestored" old bike I have ever seen.

Back