My son outgrew his Chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same chopper in the garage I got for free from my friend when his son out grew it. I gave his son $20 anyway. I've been wanting to do something similar.

I remember following this in your intro! How does it ride with the added fork length and rake?

Luke.
Hi Luke
How can i put it it rides 'floppy' actually its not toooo bad, the steering turns to about 85º and turning circle is still huge and very very light on the front wheel, hence no front brake. I couldn't see it actually being a great deal of use (ill probably regret saying that). I have worked out the best rake with this setup, tack welded it together, then altered things a couple of times. Its really just for cruising about on and posing, you couldn't ride no handed though. Having said that it is quite easy to to a figure of 8 from one lock to the other at ultra slow 1mph, just don't fixate on the front wheel when doing it.. that thing is waaaay out in the front and grabs your attention. I need to take some more pics whenI get chance;-)

I have the same chopper in the garage I got for free from my friend when his son out grew it. I gave his son $20 anyway. I've been wanting to do something similar.
Go on you know you want to;-)
Theres not much left of the original frame in this though. Looking over it I think the only section that hasnt been modified is the bottom bracket and first 8" of bottom tube, also the front 9" or so of top tube. Everything else has either been cut, bent, extended, welded, or added to from other frames. Three or four other bike frames have been butchered for this.
Why do we do it;-)

Back