MY RRB FELT CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chepe13 said:
Very cool, love the primer and rim color contrast. What brand of spray paint is that?

puvepuqe.jpg

Mad Skills on display there my brother! I'm loving the whole bottom bracket set-up. And Chadillac should have signed his work, truly an artist! Nice solid custom cruiser there dude.

When you sprayed your bike with the primer did sand it at all? Also did you use any flat clear and how is holding up so far? Just curious.

I went over the original Felt paint with some fine sandpaper and then some #0000 steel wool.

I then washed it all off with dish soap and water and then dried it.

After that I sprayed the paint on...probably 3-4 coats and let it dry.

Didn't put any clear over that because I wanted to be able to easily do touch up when I needed to.

Seems to be holding up just fine.

I went over the original Felt paint with some fine sandpaper and then some #0000 steel wool.

I then washed it all off with dish soap and water and then dried it.

After that I sprayed the paint on...probably 3-4 coats and let it dry.

Didn't put any clear over that because I wanted to be able to easily do touch up when I needed to.

Seems to be holding up just fine.
Thanks for the reply. Turned out almost to nice for a spray can. Love it :)

Which model Sunlite handlebar is that? Thinking about switching mine up and the picture of you riding looks very upright/comfortable.

Cheers,
Dan

Back