My rides

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9b5629b5.jpg

My 03 specialized big hit downhill rig.. Built from the frame up.. Pretty hefty build.. It's a blast to rip this SOB down some gnarly trails! Oh and she loves airtime!

2d291037.jpg

My 88? Schwinn prelude.. Sick barn find.. New Tubes and tires a little chain lube and it's a rocket! Cant believe my friend had this just siting in the barn lol! I will get a better pic outside.. Really good condition tho. I love the seat! So retro!

Actually picking up 2.. A nice schwinn typhoon and a schwinn dx? It has 24" tires.. Both for 100 bucks.. I think really good deal.

6fdbbb31.jpg

Just picked this up yesterday.. I'm going to redo it for my wife.. Figures the first build/restore is not even for me haha. Anyone know what kind of schwinn this is? I have no idea
df512d40.jpg

Is this a standard sprocket?? Looks pretty cool!

The sprocket is pretty unique i think.. And i have mayjor plans for this bike.. Its for my wife.. Everyhjng will stay orriginal besodes the seat, grips, chain tubes and tires..

And big al i ride in wisconsin.. We are starting to get on the freeride/downhill train.. Otherwise i rip some local trails my freind and i built. I love thay big hit.. Rides like a beast.. I can keep up with dudes with the layest and greatest bikes and componemts.

Thanks! I got a rollfast from the same woman. Today i started taking the bike apart but a few of the bolts are extremely stuck.. Going to need to be drilled out. Or soaked in break free. The sprocket is cleaning up real nice :D looks really cool.. If anyone has any ideas on what kind of sprocket it is and if its orrigina that would be awesome! I cannot find any serial numbers on the bike anywhere.. But maybe when its stripped to raw i will?? Pretty pumped about the restore even though its for my wife lol kinda even more exciting i think.

Its in pretty rough shape murry.. Needs much tlc in order to ride. The picture makes it look much nicer than in person its rough. I will eventually have the build on the build section.. I need to get a few more parts off, and more pictures to start a thread. Thanks for the compliment though! I think its a pretty sweet ride.

That Rollfast looks good too. I will keep an eye out for your build of the Schwinn. I am willing to bet that sprocket is original "Arnold - Schwinn & Co." I think I have seen one before. I think on Flickr.

Thanks for the info on the sprocket.. Thats really cool! Today i should have it torn down and im going to blast the frame femders and rack.. Next weekemd paint

Back