My other bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since I was taking pictures of my Swap Meet find today, I thought I'd snap these of my other bikes.

1986 Fuji Sagres Road Bike - Suntour Sprint hubs / Salsa Delgado Rims, IRD 7-speed Freewheel, Super Maxy crank 48-34, 105 front Der, XT rear Der, Vintage Suntour shifters, Pananracer Pasela tires, VO stem & quill extension, Salsa 46cm bars, R556 long-reach brakes, Brooks B-17, Syncros post, spray-bomb orange paint job. LOVE THIS BIKE!
1986FujiSagresSM.JPG

Who-Knows what year Double OX GIANT steel frame - Redline Monocog fork, XT/MavicXc-717 rear wheel, Deore/Rhyno-Lite front wheel, Mountain King Tires 2.2/2.4 combo, Taper Light bar, Easton DH stem, LX Dérailleurs, WTB saddle. Currently 1x9 gearing, but 2x9 is in process. "Paint" is raw steel clear coated.
XX-yearGiantMTBSm.JPG

The road bike looks great in the picture..Never would guess it was a spray can.. :wink:

I've done a few spray bomb bikes, as long as you take your time and do the prep work you can get great results. I agree that looks great for a spray bomb though.

here is a Univega with a rattle can paint job..I think it came out great..I am afraid to clear coat it..might peel off..?
Picture001.jpg

Thanks for the comment on the paint! If the frame is prepped right, the spray can is a valuable tool indeed. I use an old car
modeler's trick of soaking my spray can in hot water for a few minutes before I paint. Seems to make the paint flow much better.
Up lose, that orange has a few nicks and gouges; after touring on it this year, and hitting as many dirt roads with it as possible.

Nice bikes in those replies.

Dig the orange Fugee!!

bikejunkie said:
That Mongoose looptail wants to be bmx'd again!!!

The main reason I am making it a slow rider is the frame was broken at the chain-stay gusset and welded before, also someone cut holes in the frame to run wire through the frame for lights, and spray-bombed it. It's ruined for BMXing. Besides I just picked up a Redline and a Hoffman.

M3-K4509

Manera, Japan plant/1983/ November (making it a 1984 model)/ 4509 Build number. I know it's a Californian. Also the bike could have been made at any time as they stamped the BB shell and had boxes of them in the storage room and did not always follow the numbers.

Back