my newest rat muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a 53 Columbia with a 3 speed coaster Sturmey rear and a light weight front wheel off of a Moulton folder. The 24" forks I had bought for another but when I got them and the color almost matched this frame a light went off above my head. I had everything for this bike laying out in the garage and it just fell together. I started on this bike yesterday and finished it up this morning. It rides really nice and I think it's a keeper. I am now going to sell my minty 69 Columbia Playbike and use this as my daily rider. After I finish my next custom muscle bike then this one may be for sale. Maybe. :roll: I may like it too much to sell.

1953Columbia013.jpg

1953Columbia015.jpg

1953Columbia014.jpg

Thanks guys. I still have a set of NOS chrome Wald muscle bike fenders to go on it. I rode it around some today before the rain came and I have no first gear. I need to figure that one out :( Other than that it is awesome to ride. With the light weight aluminum front wheel it is a wheelie machine. Maybe I need a wheelie bar.

Back