My New Tag

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9947.JPG

You should be able to scan my tag on your screen.

I have a dumb phone, so no QR code for me. I know what they are and how they work, but how do you have one generated for your site? Is it free? 1 time cost? Subscription?

I think there are several sites that generate the code for free. I used this one http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
I didn't know anything about these codes (well still don't) but at first I was thinking there must be a database that keeps record of what code goes with what/where. Then I realized it must just be a coded language and that particular code just spells out my website address.
There is also something in the code that tells the scanner whether to read it as a URL, text whatever else.

aka_locojoe said:
I think there are several sites that generate the code for free. I used this one http://qrcode.kaywa.com/
I didn't know anything about these codes (well still don't) but at first I was thinking there must be a database that keeps record of what code goes with what/where. Then I realized it must just be a coded language and that particular code just spells out my website address.
There is also something in the code that tells the scanner whether to read it as a URL, text whatever else.

In that case I wanna make one that comes up text on their phone and says "Get your smart phone away from my bike."

Great idea Randy! :D

We've been using them at the church in our different publications for event registrations.

Still not sure if people know what to do with it yet, but it will either die out as a fad or people will eventually get used to them.

Rat Rod said:
Great idea Randy! :D

We've been using them at the church in our different publications for event registrations.

Still not sure if people know what to do with it yet, but it will either die out as a fad or people will eventually get used to them.

Die out as a fad? Crap, maybe I shouldn't have gotten this QR code tattoo... :oops:

aka_locojoe said:
Here's the QR code for ratrodbikes.com. I assume Steve wouldn't mind if you used it... wisely.

"wisely" I can imagine people printing these on stickers and plastering them on any and every flat surface they can find. I don't necessarily mean people here but I'm surprised I haven't seen it yet.

In the future "taggers" will be spraying these codes instead of their usual cryptic messages :lol:

At least my QR code tattoo is a tramp stamp, so I can just tuck my shirt in or pull my pants up to cover it.

Finally got to use the scanner on my new phone. Actually was surprised I got the one on the bike but I guess as long as you don't get too artsy with the pic angle it should work fine. I was actually half tempted on my ride home today to stop and scan a QR code I saw on a parked truck. Didn't feel like potentially being confronted by the owner, but then again he was the one who has it on his truck.

Back