My New Pics - I've been busy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I'd post my new pics for your viewing pleasure.

Finished my Wallymart Bike -

bikes43017.jpg

bikes43015.jpg

bikes43014.jpg

Also tore this one completely down, regreased all bearings, parts, etc. Did a total chrome polish, frame polish with cleaner wax - lotsa scrubbin and polishin'. Also put a smaller front chainring on, it was wicked hard to pedal before.

My wife and I love this one, it's our baby. Not quite a "rat" , it's too perdy.

bikes43008.jpg

bikes43012.jpg

bikes43006.jpg

bikes43011.jpg

bikes43007.jpg

More pics of my other bikes to come. Thanks!

We are hanging on to it forever. The bike is a '56 Corvette. We bought that at College Cyclery (where Karfer67 works) back in about 97 or so. My wife rode it when we were younger and then it got stuck in storage untill just recently when I got back into bicycles in a major way. Just got it back in working order this week. I took the rear fender reflector/housing off so it does not get damaged when I am riding aound, the plastic is pretty brittle.

Great looking bikes!

I can totally relate to the pedaling issue on the Vette.

Did you end up going with a 36 tooth sprocket.

I need to change the one on the Spitfire I just bought.

I feel like I need legs like Arnold to get the bike going...ha ha!

c8da9d2d.jpg

May be hard to get going but when u do, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY! :) I love speed haha.

Actually , I only went down to a 44 tooth, original was a 46.
The bike is still kinda tall geared, but better than it was for sure.

Oh, by the way Rat Rod, Arnold (or the Governator as we call him) is gettin old and looks more like this nowadays:

Ad_22_4.jpg

Firewalker said:
lolol thats funny!

around here that Vett is selling for around the $500 mark :cry: some day I will find one....

Too bad you aren't near Chicago, or are you? Anyways, if I remember correctly, there is a green corvette for 100 bucks for sale at Working Bikes. I am going there today to get some parts and can check it out a little more for you.

Back