my new mixte

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this frame a while ago but the build pace is slowing. November in Michigan without a garage is starting to suck. I replaced these 24 x 2.125 tires with some 24 x 1.75's because the rear didn't fit. I am thinking about either stripping the paint and powdercoating all white, or just stripping and see what happens :wink: . I'm going to get on it this weekend. Sorry for the lame pic, batteries were running low.

DSCF1326-2.jpg

Nice Mixte.. I think somebody has there BMX radar on..lol

The wheels I got off a 24" Fuji Sanibel cruiser I found on CL. They are in great shape and the aluminum grey looks pretty cool. I am feeling a little BMXy right now with it, but I really don't know what I want to do with it. i like the Stingray style bars I have on it right now, but who knows.

Very nice.I'm gonna have to get one of these someday.Love the lines.Have you had one before?wondering if there cramped when riding.I'm a lanky 6'1".
Already a great bike.I'll be watching this one come together. :mrgreen:

As far as I can tell, the wheels are not ARAYAs or UKAIs. They are just stamped with Fuji markings. I believe the bike is an early 2000s model. As far as the sizing goes, I've never had a mixte before and haven't had this one to the point where I've ridden it. I'm about 5'10" and just from sitting on it I think it will ride comfortably.

I have a mixte with 24 inch wheels. I am 5' 10" and it is fairly comfortable for me to ride. The only time I feel a bit cramped is if I have been riding my stretched Murray/Western Flyer then it takes me a bit to get used to it.

Well keep in mind that this is a newbie answering the question but Mixte is referring to that style of frame. I don't know much about the origins, but the basics are that the Mixte is a ladies frame where the top tube is basically 2 smaller tubes that run from the headtube to the rear stays. I personally love the lines this style of bike has and I think it lends itself to many creative uses.

tlaing1 said:
Ok, I'm gonna have to ask it...... what is a Mixte because I like it and must have one asap.........
From what I've read , Mixte's are a type of unisex frame with dual top tubes and an extra set of rear stays . I understand they are very popular in Europe . I like them , I think they have a custom look to them. FatTires

Naynay! Hmm, progress? That's what happens when you actually work on something. The new house has grabbed all the attention for the last 2 months and the mixte is still in hibernation here in MI. It's too bad that glazed ceramic backsplash tiles are not as cool as springer forks. I'll have pics up in a couple weeks.

So finally I got back around to this guy. I stripped the paint and finished it off with a fine wire wheel. It left it with a brushed aluminum sort of look and I thought it was cool so I kept it.

DSCF1558.jpg

DSCF1561.jpg

DSCF1559.jpg

very cool chuck!

build 3 or 4 more so when i come to visit i have a choice of which one to ride to the beer store!!

Back