My new build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up everybody?! I'm from Atlanta, name is Mike, and had some posts on here a while back and couldn't
find them. Anyway, I got a project I'm working on and wanted to post more pics. I haven't done much but
strip the paint and finally got a seat.
before:
DSCN1549.jpg

after:
I'm using a different sprocket and crank
Picture024.jpg

The seat:
Picture028.jpg

Still not sure what color to paint the frame.

looks awesome so far........how did you strip the paint???.....elbow grease or paint strip???.........haha i agree rad vinyls......have a few myself....

rustyspokes21 said:
looks awesome so far........how did you strip the paint???.....elbow grease or paint strip???.........haha i agree rad vinyls......have a few myself....
Thanks. It's mostly underground Hip Hop. I would say 95% is. Anyway, I stripped the paint with a wire brush wheel I guess it's called and a corded power drill. You can get a wheel at any hardware store. They run about 5 bucks.

ratina said:
Nice work so far. That original fork is bent if you didnt notice already
Yeah thanks. If you notice in the second picture, the frame has no forks. HAHA!!!
I'm using a 26" bent springer fork. I'll keep you posted!

How much too short? Sometimes you can shave a little off the head, if the tube is same diameter throughout, and the internal lugs or welds are not too close. (or you could buy a new tube like you said, they actually come in different lengths.)

deorman said:
How much too short? Sometimes you can shave a little off the head, if the tube is same diameter throughout, and the internal lugs or welds are not too close. (or you could buy a new tube like you said, they actually come in different lengths.)
Its to short. I already ordered a new tube. Here is an idea I might do to the frame.
Picture033.jpg

So I went to my man Matt's house today to do a little welding, and I gotta say thank you to him. The man did me justice.
Here are a few pics:
Picture002-1.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Thanks Matt!!!!
Picture008.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture023.jpg

Picture024-1.jpg

Picture028-1.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031-1.jpg