My New Alumacruiser (New Additions)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first attempt at building a bike. I started with a 4 dollar beach cruiser and by the the end only used the crank off of the original bike. I strayed away from the original plan to build a rat bike but I'm still pretty pleased with the results.
DSC_0080-1.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0091.jpg

Re: My New Alumacruiser

what is the story with the frame? i have never seen that one before who made it? cool bike too very clean

It started out as this. I payed 4 bucks for it.
DSCF1100.jpg

This is all I ended up using because of the bent wheels and rusted and stuck parts.
DSCF1173.jpg

DSCF1179.jpg

I painted the crank with rustoleum hammered finish. The frame was something that was just laying around at my local bike shop. The tires, seat, pedals, and handle bars are from nirve. The wheels are from Electra. I plan on using my leftover parts on future projects. My cheap project didn't turn out so cheap. I am really pleased with how it turned out and especially how nice it rides. I've never been on a more comfortable ride.

very clean and very well done! the rear dropouts look like a next, but thats just a guess. that other blue cruiser has nice lines too, gotta agree with The Flying Dingo on that one. looks good with the handlebars up and i bet is smooth. gotta go get me some of those tires for my 99' santa fe build bike.

I made some new addition to my bike. I put on some shorty fenders which took some alterations due to the 3" tires. The chainguard I got from Double Nickle. It was in good shape but I sanded it, painted it with Rustoleum black lacquer and then tried my hand at wet sanding and polishing. It turned out pretty good. I also added the 8 ball bell and I replaced my coaster brake bracket with an old fork that I got from a yard sale. I think I saw it done by someone on this forum before so I can't take credit for that. The jury is still out on the fork but as for now it is as menacing looking as a fork on a cruiser can look.
DSCF2139.jpg

DSCF2140.jpg

DSCF2143.jpg

DSCF2142.jpg

I really like the bike. Especially the frame as I've got a Schwinn Point Beach that I picked up just because it's aluminum and has canti mounts to build into a mtb. I've got it completely stripped down and the frame is actually pretty light. Very cool build though. If you ever decided to part it out I'd be interested in the frame. lol.

Back