my new 49 B.F. Goodrich hornet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
another fattie for my stable.wrong headlight,otherwise all correct down to the tires,which get stored and a set of repop whitewalls go on for riding.

Silverbeach said:
Very nice, where did you find it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
cool story to this bike.back in the 90's,a friend gave me a 50 straightbar that got me going on the postwar bikes.he was a picker and drove all over the country buying old bikes.this was one of his keepers.he passed away in 2001,but all his bikes and parts got sold by one of his sons and were spread all over the country.fast forward to 2008.i was at another friends house checking a bike he was selling and saw this bike stuffed in the corner out of reach.i asked about it and was shocked to find out it was my friends bike.my other friend bought it before the other friend died and it had been stored in his shed all these years.after a few years of haggling and begging,i finally got it home.

Your Delta "Winner" headlight may not be "factory" og but is still very period correct for your '49 B.F.G..I have one on my '49 Schwinn
straight-bar. Very nice bike with a most excellent back story...P 8)

i have a rocket ray off another 49 i had.i might put it on just for kicks.the winner is like nos.never had batteries in it.and i tested the horn and it works perfect.

Back