My name is Eric and I'm a bikaholic.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been addicted to bicycles since I learned to ride at age 4.The freedom they provide is incredible.Some of the best places I've been have been found over the handlebars of a bike.When I was a kid,the reason I was grounded was most likely because I got home after dark while riding.
I got into old bikes a few years ago when I purchased a '60s Hiawatha from an antique dealer to fix up,put a basket on the front to give my dog a ride to the park and run errands with.He had a similar era Roadmaster also,but it was supposed to go to a guy in Las Vegas.Bummer.It would have been nice to have a bike to just get lost with as well as a utilitarian bike.The dealer called a week or so later(as I was finishing the Hiawatha)to say the guy in Vegas backed out of the deal on the Roadmaster and wondered if I was interested in the bike.Sweeet!This was the relapse to my bike addiction............
I now have around 140 bikes in my 2 bedroom,single car garage townhome and no dog.I'm just guessing at the number of bikes.Denial is a handy tool when dealing with addiction.So is this website!I've been checking it out for a while now and am very impressed with the talent and creativity displayed by the members.I also enjoy the support ,encouragement and camaraderie.People seem to treat one another as they would like to be treated.I like that in these times.Old fashion vlues,old fashion bikes.This is why I have become a member and will be participating in RRBBO6!Thanks to everyone in advance for a great place to share our passion! Eric

Thanks Rydr1.I hope to start my thread for RRBBO6 tonight.I'm going for a ride shortly,then to my Mom's to get some soil turned for her to plant some flowers.I learn something new with every bike build.This build will be teaching me how to post pics on this forum.Once I figure that out,I'll be posting on other threads as well.I've got some pretty cool bikes running now and lots waiting to be resurrected.Most of which are stored in my crawl space,affectionately referred to as "The Hole".Can't wait to share them with everyone here. :wink:

hey its Mick from the bike swap! I see you are getting a little help from the site coardinator to paste in a pic. if you have any questions please ask. hope you are doing well...... later.

Hey Mick,it was nice meeting you at the swap as well.I enjoyed seeing your bike as well.Pretty sweet ride!Thanks for offering help on posting pics.I will try to remedy the situation later this evening.I think I tried to post them from the wrong place in Flickr and didn't follow the instructions for this site very well.You know how guys can be with instructions sometimes :lol: :lol: .Thanks to everyone who has offered to help me get pictures posted.I need all the help I can get in that area.The attitude and willingness to help others out is the reason this site is the only one I have registered to use.

Also Mick,thanks for not posting pics of the seatpost you found before I did at the swap.And let me know if you hear any more discussion about doing a show.I'd definitely be interested in participating/helping any way I can.Peace!

Hey fireproof,thanks for the warm welcome!I'm honored to be amongst such great people!

Back