My Latest Winter Build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally nice out today (instead of the 35 below all week) so I hurried and took some shots outside while it was sunny!
Left the frame raw after sandblasting (about 8 coats of paint thru the years...notice the rust damage to the head tube)...

Sharp eyes will notice the 26" chro-moly bmx forks and 180 mm Primo bmx cranks/pedals...gotta mix up the parts i guess :D
Now I've just got to get the dual light setup working! (seems like there was a thread about led conversions somewhere?)
Can anyone give me the link to this?

Lemme know whatcha think?

head badge by [email protected], on Flickr

elgin 2 by [email protected], on Flickr

elgin by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0021 by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0024 by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0022 by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0025 by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0028 by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0030 by [email protected], on Flickr

DSC_0035 by [email protected], on Flickr

There's an ebay seller in the northeast that sells them all the time...they're sweeeeeeet tires :)
I'll see if i can find the link for you...

Can't seem to find my seller...these tires say- ST made in china- on them. And they arent' round, they've got a curb to them...26 x 2.125 with a 40-65 psi rating. I'll keep looking though since I need another set as well.

Here's a seller that lists re-pop brick walls if that helps:

http://stores.ebay.com/letitrollbikes

Great mix of parts!

Love the crank chainring combo...cool idea.

Looks like our bikes are cousins. :lol:

DSC_0032-1.jpg

looks sweet with those red tire's , i'd call it the RAWDOG ! nice work

"Rawdog" it is then!

The rear rack is one i've had for awhile, just needed the right bike to look good! Can't remember what it came off of, maybe an english 3speed?

And RatRod, i think we had the same idea! Love the TuffNeck on your bike! What crankset is that? Looks like early '80's Sugino CT? With an MX 5 spider?
And how about your rear hub? Internal three speed is what it looks like, but I don't see shifting linkage...

Finally found the head badge after six months of searching!

Now to get it back on the bike, figure out the led conversion for the dual lights and it's done!
Anyone know the topic title for the led conversion?

Latest posts

Back