my girls bike build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is the start of a women's bike i found in the parking lot of work i orgionally was just painting it but decided against it cuase i like to cut thing's up and weld them....... so i wanna show you guy's what i have done and see what u think.....

(then)
100_0403.jpg

(now)
100_0609.jpg

and a couple of sad pathetic welds lol
100_0610.jpg

100_0611.jpg

let me know how everyone likes what i have done so far i am thinking 24"X3" rims and tire's!!!!

Joshua85 said:
that is pretty wild looking! i will definately be checking back up on this one!
I'm with Josh this baby is worth following.

i am kinda stuck i need to sigure out what kinda wheels i wanna put on the bike i am thinking 3X24 cause the wife hase a fear of skinny tires so i am going in that way....but i wanna put white walls on it oh the dilema....

well its been a long while since i posted for this bike i haven't really posted much this summer you know getting married and all takes up to much time... so i guess i should change the name of this post to the wifes ride......

100_0702.jpg

got some sweet 2.125x26 kenda flames for the ride.... they look sweet
100_0701.jpg

but hey big suprise they don't fit i hate skinny tired frames!! so i ntroduced the frame to my grinder then to a 3" post in my backyard.....
100_0703.jpg

100_0699.jpg

and poof no more clearance problems.....

and here it is kinda mocked up need to figure out what handle bars to use
100_0698.jpg

lookin good man. im really diggin the frame work youve done to it. where did you get that super long bmx style fork at? ive been looking for one of those forever.

Easy E

thanks von. ill have to check that site out soon. i cant wait to see more pics of this bike as you continue building

Easy E

Can I ask about the rear triangle? It looks for all the world that the rear triangle bars bolt on to the seat post!?!? And that the also bolt onto the rear drop outs? Is this what I'm seeing in the pics? Is that the way the original frame was put together?

Is that safe and secure? Cause if so, the non welders in the crowd could really do some neat mods on bikes like laying the seat tube back and shorting and widening those rear seat stays? Huh, what is it?

Thanks

your eye's aren't playing tricks on you it is bolted on...... i thought it was kinda weird i never seen that b4....
100_0704.jpg

100_0705.jpg

100_0706.jpg

well its been a while since i have been able to play with my welder but today i was enjoy a brisk 0 degree's and welding my little heart out and grinding and welding.... so here is a pic of what i have done.... threw some bondo on the bike then the wife was yelling at me cause of the smell lol.... get her back for always painting her nails in my face i hate that smell go figure....

before....
100_0699.jpg

after....
Picture007.jpg

Picture006.jpg

i will post the pics of the bondoed bike later .....

i forgot how messy i am with bondo i got more on my hands then i did on the bike lol looks like i dragged it threw a puddle of bondo...

Picture.jpg

man it looks like someone was chewin a big ole wad of gum an slapped it on there :lol:

Latest posts

Back