My first tank bike AMF Roadmaster

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just had to show off my first tank bike. :D It was on CL a couple of months ago and I never received a response, thought it was gone. Happened to do a search yesterday and it shows up again. Found out the guy had been in CA while it was listed and let the listing expire without contacting anyone. I guess it was my turn to have some luck. It has been painted and I am sure the handle bars are not original. It will still be a fun bike this summer. It is missing the fender light, anyone know what the fender light is supposed to look like for these bikes?
roadmasterrightside.jpg

roadmasterleftside.jpg

Those colors look good together. The forks are bent back slightly, but can be straightened, making the ride even better. The serial number is probably under the bottom bracket. You can find the year of manufacture usually. You have a great bike.

Thanks, I didn't even notice the forks were slightly bent. Too much excitement.
SN is B25907 53. Does that mean it is a 1953?

on2wheels said:
Thanks, I didn't even notice the forks were slightly bent. Too much excitement.
SN is B25907 53. Does that mean it is a 1953?

I suffer from the same Bikeblindness on occasion. "WOW LOOK AT THIS BIKE IT HAS A TANK ITS AWESOME I'LL TAKE IT". But on the ride home I'm all, "Sheesh I didn't even notice it didn't have wheels on it."

My CWC is a 1953, serial number ends with 53 followed by a C with a small w inside. Others here know more about it than I do though.

Wildcat said:
My CWC is a 1953, serial number ends with 53 followed by a C with a small w inside. Others here know more about it than I do though.

The CW I am pretty sure stands for Cleveland Welding. (The company that made it)

Back