My First Schwinn

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I'm new to building bikes and this has all been a lot of fun and a learning experience. Since I'm new you will have to excuse me as what I've done to this bike I purchased from another member might be sacreligius, not sure if was original paint or not, but the day I got it, I stripped it. Anyway, started with a '62 Schwinn Typhoon, build took about 3 days, pics below.

Picture of how it looked when I got it:
1555fe64.jpg

Picture of mock up with truss rods, different stem and bars flipped, Brooks Saddle and modded seat post:
aef88aa7.jpg

Picture of bike completed with new Profile 3 piece crank and 39 tooth Profile sprocket, Brooks grips, Fat Franks and metallic silver paint courtesy of a local body shop:
547c4c69.jpg

da7b2f45.jpg

Please feel free to comment, as I am a beginner amongst professionals and will take all of your comments as constructive criticism. Thanks for looking!

After reviewing, I noticed that the right side of all my pics got cropped in the post. Sorry. I'll fix pics when I can take some new ones.

I like it and would cruise that bad boy all day if it were mine.. Old look with some modern touches. Nothing wrong with that.. NICE JOB.!!!

Back