My First Ground Up Build - Project: Hardcore Hammock

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first build completely from sctratch. This bike actually used to be an old hammock that wore out its welcome. The bike only sits about 1" above the ground. It's taken me about a week to build to this point but unfortunately due to work, the project has to be put on hold for a few days. I actually had to switch the straight bars to medium ape-hangers due to knee & elbow clearance issues. The bike does have a seat on it now too.

I'll keep posting updates as I get more finished. Paint and custom coloured rims will be next.
Comments and opinions are always welcome.

000_0001.jpg

000_0002.jpg

000_0007.jpg

dude, that is one bad sic burrito.woopi,another burrito on the road. great work, keep it up.

Outlaw 8)

I took these pics before I put the seat on. Those pics will be coming up shortly. But the back of the seat is about 6 inches ahead of the rear tire

I have to say that is the best looking hammock I have ever seen. Can't wait to see it finished.

LocoLowriders said:
i liket the frame ... but i wood be worried about the rear wheel jumping out ?!?
looks like a lot o weight to hav it inverted ... :eek:

I agree but it would be easy to add some of those wheel retainers like they use on front forks though.

Thats what I was planning to do with the rear wheel.
And the wheels are actually off of an old Norco Spitfire bmx

Back