My first build!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you guys think? I found the bike in my moms basement. She said it belonged to my great uncle back in the day. So I ripped it apart and here ya go!
Bike5.jpg

Bike8.jpg

Bike6.jpg

Bike9.jpg

Bike2.jpg

Yeah it is. I was going to ask if any one knew the year. I can get the V.I.N. off the bottom, would that help?

Thanks for the rad words! You said the bars are huge. Just to give you an idea of how big they are, I am 6'4"

very cool schwinn. like those crazy apes and fattie tires too. also dig the background you chose to take the picts. i am 6'2" myself so i know all about bike fit. my first guess is that is an early 60's schwinn, but ser# can track down its right age. :mrgreen:

You're 6'4" and have the seat all the way down on a frame built for a 12 yr. old kid. :shock: How do you pedal it without damaging your knees? If they don't hurt now, just wait. They will. B607

So its been awhile since I have done anything to the Dozer. Just been enjoying riding the old dude. RI finally figured out he age of the bike and its a 59 according the the v.i.n. The other day I ripped it apart and will be making some color and comzo "changes". Found thses tires online ad just had to have them. You guys think it will change the look of the bike that much going from a 24 to a 26? Kinda don't want to do it but its the only size these tires come in.

Here are the tires. They are 4" wide! (Not my bike)
69192.jpg

39241.jpg

Did some resto on the seat as well. Gave it a good scrub and some shine.
IMG_2824.jpg

IMG_2822.jpg

Here is the frame minus the chain gaurd brackets and nasty weld on the bb. Still have the kickstand to remove.
IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2826.jpg

You are so right about those tires not fitting the stock fork. O but I have some crazy plans for that bad boy. Thought about just going the easy route ad buying a larger springer fork, but I like to keep the og parts if I can. Will post pics soon.

Was going to paint the frame gold metal flake, but yesterday something strange happened. Was spraying on some Easy Off when I got called away from the house for about 2 hours. When I got home the spary had dried and started peeling. Thought how it turned out was pretty cool, kida lets you see the different stages of the bikes life. Know for some clear and the frame is pretty much done. What ya think?

IMG_2954.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

Haha yeah your right. Maybe I will find an old beat up seat for this build and save that one for another. At the same time that is the correct seat to that frame. IDK?

Ok so I have been hitting the bike pretty hard these past two weeks and I am super excited how the new look is comig out. What ya think?

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2981.jpg

Still got alittle ways to go.

Back