My first build: Murray muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far, I have torn it down some, but its a Murray Wildcat 20" girl's bike. The plan is to keep it kinda ratty with rusty fenders and chain guard. Gonna matte black it and get it pinstriped with a true blue and white. I plan on using a banana seat clad in denim, a springer front end, 5 speed conversion and a really tall sissybar.

NEkq9tb.jpg

Here's it after tear down so far. The BB bolt is really hard to grab as its kinda beat up and uneven on the sides. any suggestions on fixing that? also the seat post is stuck in the frame :roll:

jAZYsK4.jpg

This what I plan on reusing. I think I may reuse the orange grips as well.

Mq8dW4N.jpg

nice bike... as for the seat post spray it with some "THRUST" Penetrating fluid a few times and try gripping it with a big pipe wrench. Or try a little heat. I am betting that the post will not be use able after that.

Punxs said:
nice bike... as for the seat post spray it with some "THRUST" Penetrating fluid a few times and try gripping it with a big pipe wrench. Or try a little heat. I am betting that the post will not be use able after that.
thanks, thats what I was thinking. I am pretty much gonna junk the seat post anyhow. I can make another one or get one

Murray-Eliminator said:
That Model Came with a denim seat originally!

1974MurrayCatalog021.jpg

it wasn't really denim on mine. it was this hard material that looked like denim but felt like plastic. The whole seat was rotted to pieces so I tossed it. The plan is to take one of my oil stained pairs of jeans and get it upholstered onto a new seat.

Back