My colson clone changed a little

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the first one I built. Its my baby. Made a few changes in the design so mine is special. :wink: If you have never seen them ,it a copy of a 1938 colson frame stretched 7 inches. Mine has the 26 x 3 Kenda flames and a Sach's 7 speed rear hub. Its the most comfortable bike I own. The three inch tires soakup all the bumps and the stretch makes it nice. I changed the forks . It had the aluminum tripple tree ones before. Then I put the black stem and bars keeping with the theme. Just another look thanks.

myclone001.jpg

myclone002.jpg

ok Ill stick a before picture. it has that awful Brooks butkiller seat that lasted a week....still numb

mine2.jpg

Clancy it has to have a little chrome ,besides I'm too lazy to lace two wheels to alloy black ones . :cry:
And when I took the picture I noticed that Schwinn sprocket too....What was I thinking. I built the thing a year ago and didnt really know I'm not that crazy about Schwinns. I have evolved past them. :shock:

Hey Hooch I tried to do your trick I have a 7 speed nexus click shifter and i was going to cut it down and put it under the seat. The sach's travels about 2 1/4 inches for 7 speeds and the nexus is 1 1/4 travel for the same 7. Just didnt work. gonna build a shifter though.

If my priorities were straight I would have one big bike sale...dump whats left at the metal recycler and take up fishing. Lets see one tackle box and one or two poles ....gee think of the room I would have. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Could turn my shop back into a wood shop and build cool stuff out of wood.Hummm.

Then you'd have to sit around talking to guys on the wood shop forum all day....and you think we're boring...ha ha! :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
If my priorities were straight I would have one big bike sale...dump whats left at the metal recycler and take up fishing. Lets see one tackle box and one or two poles ....gee think of the room I would have. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Could turn my shop back into a wood shop and build cool stuff out of wood.Hummm.
I would like some wooden grips please! :D

Uncle Stretch said:

hmmm ..... a stretched wooden colson .......

Rat Rod said:
Then you'd have to sit around talking to guys on the wood shop forum all day....and you think we're boring...ha ha! :lol:

boring? :shock:

Ok just one tackle box and 2 poles. Who do you think you are talkin to mister? :?
Besides if ya took up fishin your twinkies would smell like fish instead of greese and you cant watch western movies out in the boat :lol:

Sorry dont like boats....They wind up in your back yard....worse than bikes. I use to be a jettie fisherman. Love salt water. Looking at the waves is alot more peaceful than anything else. :wink:

Back