My chainguard can beat up your honor student...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to Chick for the nice paint work. Did you pick up on the nod to Von Dutch?
03-28-07_1157.jpg

Dang.. that's sweet... :shock:

Do you find yourself catching your pants on it? Those flames look like they could be dangerous at high speeds!

I've got myself snagged a few times, but it was my fault that I wore pants that had too much flare to them. So now it's shorts or straight-legged pants!
:!:

Very nice indeed - It's hard to go wrong with flames. I see the Von Dutch and maybe a little bit of Shag* also?

-Mp

* That's 'Shag' the artist, and not an Austin Powers double entendre'

http://www.shag.com/

aka_locojoe said:
Very nice. So how'd ya do it (cut it out)? Ant progress pics of the chain guard?
Actually I had the idea in my head, went to Nirve in Fountain Valley and picked up a standard issue chainguard for my frame. I set it in my lap, visualized what I wanted it to look like and took a sharpie and drew the flame-job on it. Then tin snips and a Dremmel later(in one sitting) it took shape. Sprayed it to match my frame, then went to Mooneyes Christmas shin-dig '06 at Irwindale Raceway with it to find a pin striper. What you see is what I came home with...Along with partial hearing loss from watching the drags all day. :D

Multipass said:
Very nice indeed - It's hard to go wrong with flames. I see the Von Dutch and maybe a little bit of Shag* also?

Give that man a cee-gar!

There was just too many ideas flying around that tent that I just had to tell her that she knew what I liked, and just do it.

Thanks Luke. That bike is long gone, I have no idea what the fate of that guard is or was. Hopefully someone somewhere is taking credit for it...Or claiming it as an authentic Shag or Von Dutch art piece. :wink:

LukeTheJoker said:
Hey! You are still around! I have found some of the early members of the site have moved on and dont post anymore...
Are you still into bikes? Got any new builds to share?

Luke.
Yup, still around, but don't really spend time on bikes much anymore. I still have all the vintage bikes, and I ride them randomly, but I just have too many other things to focus on. Maybe that's the problem- I'm focusing on the wrong stuff!

Back