My bubble gum build up!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job!! Did you paint it in the W.C.?! :lol: What did you use to apply the paint? Spray can or HVLP gun?

Hey!
I used spray cans , and no, I did not paint it in the W.C.! :lol: I painted it in the attic-
The W.C. is the only room which I can warm up whith an electric Heater :mrgreen: very small room!
But I have problems with the paint- it looks good but its not very impact- proof, dont know why....?
But all my Paintjobs (exept flat black) are not as impact-proof as a Industrial paint.. I usually take Montana cans.
Do you guys have the same problems? what am i doing wrong? :|
Greetz
klaas

I'm not sure you're doing anything wrong...Most spray cans are enamel, which isn't as "hard" as automotive grade paint. Which is usually urathane or enamel with hardner (catalized enamel?) or a base coat/clear coat process.

So you used Montana cans? Do they have paint that isn't intended for graffiti use? Did you use primer, and clearcoat? I didn't know they had paint that could be used on things other than walls and train cars. :D By the way it looks great!

montana is the way. your choice of colors and spray tips is limitless....but you better prep well and use plenty of clear cause it doesnt hold up like krylon. SIDENOTE: You can use drinking straws slit on the side to cover up the spokes, its less time consuming than tape, well at least for me.

Hallo! Thanks for the answers!

its a simple Montana paint-

this is such a can, but different color!

there is no primer for it in the Montana- shop....

I'm interested in your seat post. Where did you get that? As far as the bike is concerned... Killer! I love the color combo and the bars. Great Job.

Back