My almost new KONA A'ha

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I found this one on CL and HAD to have it. It's a 1997 Kona a'ha cruiser/ mountain bike. It weighs 25.5 pounds and just flies on the trails...had it out in the bush already, sorry Brent but I had to. The guy I bought it off of rode it for a few minutes then stored it for 10 years!

bikes040.jpg

bikes037.jpg

Wow...very cool!

Love the color combo.

Looks like 97 was a good year for bikes with vintage frames and updated off road parts.

That's the same year as my Dyno Moto 7.

dyno6.jpg

I would love to find one of thoses!

please think of me if you ever want to sell it!

Does the kona got a nexus hub?

I thought you Americans would like the paint, they called it the stars and stripes paint job. Was 1997 some sort of bicycling anniversary or something like that? Anyone know? No Ricky, this is a single speed but I have heard rumors some of them had the nexus 7's.

armandgil, Great bike. I love my Kona humuhumu ....... bike. Havent' seen that frame with the top curved tube. I like it alot(really alot). And the Project 2 forks are great responsive fork.

Here is a copy of the original specs. Also this website is a great resource for bike of recent.

http://www.bike-alog.com/
1997 Kona A'ha

link doesnt work so click it takes you to all kona's for 1997

cman said:
armandgil, Great bike. I love my Kona humuhumu ....... bike. Havent' seen that frame with the top curved tube. I like it alot(really alot). And the Project 2 forks are great responsive fork.

Here is a copy of the original specs. Also this website is a great resource for bike of recent.

http://www.bike-alog.com/
1997 Kona A'ha

link doesnt work so click it takes you to all kona's for 1997

Thanks Clancy! I had that picture as my screen saver until I met Chico the parrot....never mind long story.
I almost bought a humu humu but I saw the A'ha and my jaw dropped. Kona is my new favorite "brand". I'm trying to sell my Intense to buy an old rasta colored Stinky but it's the wrong time of year. Thanks for the link!

I decided to put away some of the wearing parts and built it up as my new trail bike. It now has a Nexus 3 speed, Landing Gear forks, Skull Skates bars and Kenda small block 8 tires. I recently saw a set of the Scratch and Sniff tires this bike had on it go for $500 on Ebay, putting those away for retirement. :D

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00295.jpg

Quit dragging up your cool bikes. I like the changes. Sweet bike for stomping around the city.

Very nice!

Latest posts

Back