My Adventure to the North American International Auto Show

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So, me and my friends woke up those morning, and decided: "Hey, We want to go to the auto show today". So we all hop in my "trusty" old dynasty and head on out(me and 2 of my friends). We figured out we were hungry, we exit the expressway on the bumpiest exit ramp ever(Utica and 23 for those interested...heading west on 94) We stop at burger king, cars looking kind of low, oh well...it allways looks that way. We get on our way and head out. Exit on cadiux, the usual bumps. Get on jefferson and about a 1/2 mile in, we hit a bump and then SKKKKKKKKKKKKKKSHHHHHHHHHHH.
for those curious-there is a large spot in the road on the intersection of westchester and jefferson that is BAD.
IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

I knew the suspension was bad, but hey, i figured it wouldnt happen today.
We stopped in a median, not one person looked...The cops eventually stopped and talked to us...The funniest, nicest cops ever

I dont really mind, since my dad says he was going to fix it soon anyway.
In the meantime, im driving the Infiniti FX35
and trying again tomorrow morning

Will get tons of nice pictures of cars

Hey Dingo at least you didnt kill the gas tank.
One day after a day of doing burnouts in my brothers 70 lemans we herd this loud thump thump thump when we went around the turn the back right wheel came off and went under the car hit the gas tank and crushed it. The cool part was when the wheel came out from the back of the car it shot up in the air about 20 feet. :shock: AH what a day.

I am just gonna throw this out there, but the second pic just looks so cool.

thats common on those small dodges, i put a log in one i had. it made it to the junkyard, never to be seen again! the towtruck was broke that day. i also have had the rear strut/shock come through the trunk after that you need a good welder or a phone and a tow truck.

I went and it was pretty lame, although I was impressed that the company I work for(Ford) had the nicest display(in my opinion). Talking about car mishaps, my wife called me one day at work and says, "hey Alan I was driving your Ranger(with a 302) and I heard a loud bang when I was driving down the road so I pulled over and now it's leaking gas and won't start?" So my Dad goes out there to help her and calls me and tells me the starter fell off and bounced up and punched a big hole in the gas tank, luckily it had dual tanks so after work I went and threw a starter on it and drove it home on the other tank.

Thought i might share the work im finally getting done on my car...
We need new springs, because theres a full turn missing on the one that struck the ground.
The wrecker pulled the brakeline too
2313d6a4.jpg

Betcha guys cant geuss what kind of car that is in the bottom left
743024a2.jpg

Yeah, The spring plate is gone

Wild guess....70 merc cougar.

TheFlyingDingo said:
... http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/t0rinoc0bra1971/2313d6a4.jpg .....
Betcha guys cant geuss what kind of car that is in the bottom left...

in a way you did :lol:

i was gonna guess something along the lines of a mopar or cougar (like KOTA suggested) until i saw that line in your photo link :wink:

sorry if i spoiled your fun :? honestly i wouldnt have guessed that in a million guesses

Latest posts

Back