My $2 Rat, muscle, bmx, chopper type thing.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I just thought I'd post up a pic of a bike I just put together. It's not much, no fancy welding or modding at this point. I took a $2 goodwill white tire nightmare junker and turned it into this rat for my daughter.

A1FloraBIKE.jpg

I didn't get a pic of the donor bike......I took it apart and threw away the dog chewed seat and tires as fast as possible. It was an absolute used up Wal-Mart disposable mess and I'm sure the previous owners cared for it by throwing it off a cliff and storing it at the bottom of a sewage pond......but hey, for the price of a cup of coffee....why not? Too bad that $2 has grown into almost $100 after ordering parts. :shock: :mrgreen: But that's all part of the fun. I'll end up spending some more on this bike. I'll probably give it a paintjob soon and get some nice old style cruiser pedals for it. A lot will depend on what my daughter thinks of it and what she wants it to look like.

Personally, I think it's nice right now. It's got patina. It's a rat (I think). :?: :D

Thanks for looking.

I figured I'd update my build thread. No new progress on the pink bike, but I ended up building a whole other bike out of one of the donor bikes. After seeing the pink bike take shape, my wife said she wanted one for herself. Since I was putting together another one, I figured why not make it taller? :D More is more, right? Here's where I'm at with it so far. Still needs paint and a different rear tire.

RATfinkAmandas0022.jpg

I hope I'm not breaking any rules with making these cross genre things. I'm seeing it as something fun and something that my kids can mess around with without me worrying about what they're doing to a high dollar original Scwhinn Krate. Maybe I'm just weird, but I've seen pics of other BMX's converted to muscle bikes and they always look cool to me. Like lowdollar kid type customizing cool. Like something a kid would build....and I think that's cool. It goes against the collector and investor mentality. It's throwing a monkey wrench into the workings of society.

........maybe?

..........maybe not?

.......maybe I'm just nuts?

or a social reject. :lol:

More updates later when they get paint.

By the way, the forks are 26" ers off a cruiser I had laying around. I bolted it to my metal work bench and slipped a big piece of pipe over the legs and slowly and carefully tweaked each side until I got a bend in it that appealed to me. I lowered it by about 2". I nicked it up a little, but with a little body filler, all will be well with the chopper world. The crank is also from the cruiser. With the big crank and chain ring, this thing will haul.........on down the road.

RATfinkAmandas00122.jpg

If i had some spare .... like that laying around id be building tons of these bikes! LOVE THEM!!!!!

Latest posts

Back