My 1956 Volkswagen Beetle

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why do you think the VW bug is the longest running, most produced car in the world, I mean from 1938-2003 over 21 MILLION bugs were produced! German engineering at it's finest. Ferdinand Porsche was a brilliant man.

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-2005-1017-525%2C_Dr._Ferdinand_Porsche.jpg

Just proof there is a little good in everybody, after all if it were not for Adolf Hitler funding him to build the "people's car" the VW bug may have never happened. Kinda ironic, the car that became a piece of 1960's Americana was a German car that was paid for by a man who we went to war with. :roll: Now people drive Prius Hybrids........What is the world coming to? :lol: :mrgreen:

Gorgeous car!

I do off-Road racing and a buddy and I are in the beginning stages of Building a Class 11 car. Which is a stock bug. The only things we can do to it besides safety things are slightly upgraded shocks (longer and larger oil resi) and tires. I think we can ad and oil cooler too. other then that all stock. I have always loved Beetles and buses and whenever I can find time I want to build a bus to cruise on the weekend

Here is a Class 11 that I took a picture of last week at one of our races:
DSC02620.jpg

DSC02619.jpg

I had the opportunity to take a ride is this beautiful beetle Josh has. He took me and my grandfather for a ride to the old drive in theater in his town after the cabin fever bike show. Such a nice car, such a fun day. Can't wait until Cabin fever rat rod run #2 :wink:

i just got my 69' running for the first time since 2004 tonight! :mrgreen:

blackdiamond said:
heres something to think about...
what if Ferdinand Porsche made a Bicycle?

That would be sweet but like I say...."If "if's" were a fifth we'd all be drunk." :mrgreen:

Awesome bug! Even if it does have the same horsepower as a large riding mower. It's always been my dream to get another beetle and put a Porsche 911 turbo engine in it and burn rubber.

Latest posts

Back