My $10.00 find.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm taking the long way home via back roads, and this is leaning against a mailbox, with a hand painted cardboard for sale sign. It's been hanging in the guys barn since about 1969, that's when he bought it from an 80 year old gents estate. I'm not going to do anything to it. Dean
Hercules006.jpg

Hercules001.jpg

Hercules002.jpg

Hercules009.jpg

10 bucks wow!1 rod from the front brake is worth that,great find.there a pleasure to ride,excellent geometry.twood be nice to pinpoint a year :lol:

The sturmey hub should have the date on it. I'm gonna say mid-fifties.

That Raleigh paint (I believe they made Hercules) is real good stuff. You could probably bring back a lot of shine on that old girl with No. 7 rubbing compound and then polishing compound. Here's one I brought back. This one was also on the side of the road with a cardboard 'for sale' sign. $25 though. Check out 61' Dynohub in bike builds for more pics if you want.
Before:
P1010522.jpg

After:
P1011069.jpg

Thats a classy bike you got there and an awesome score. I've always wanted a rod brake English roadster with the full chain guard. Lucky dog!

........Also Big Fat Whitewalls is that an Austin maybe 1300 or something or an early mini in your avatar the pic is too small for my old eyes!??? ej599 you cleaned that cycle up mint! Amazing transformation!!
Boris.

Back