Muscle Bike Inspiration

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Muscle Bikes are a whole different ball of wax from cruisers, and I think the "mindset" is different for me between the MBBO and the RRBO. My personal take... the way I like to think of it... is that the RRBO are toys that we'd all love to ride. The creative energy is towards something that we'd like as adults. While that can hold true for some of the muscle bike projects, like my 26" muscle bikes I've done in the past, I really like to think of the MBBO as a "Pipe Dream for old kids". That's a different definition for different people. For my middle son, he really, really wanted to build a rat rod, and he did. And the rust made me itch because I personally tend to steer my thoughts towards the "perfect Christmas bike". The one with all the bling.

So... what muscle bikes are inspiring you? Post some pics and let's hear why.

For it's design, the very rare "Glitter Bug 20+16" is a huge inspiration for one of my entries.

bug.jpg

What kid at Christmas wouldn't want to find one of these by the tree?

Only $68.88 :D

ih.ashx
If only I had a Time Machine, some era correct currency, a shipping container, and a place for them to wait for me 🤣

Next stop any 1986 bmx shop

Bikes would be my low key path to fortune

Back