MUSCLE BIKE BUILD-OFF #02! Done and dusted!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MORE BUILDERS FOR THE MUSCLE BIKE BUILDOFF? 7 DAYS TO GO!

Arrgh! Jumped the gun before I saw this thread... hehe.
I think a "Muscle" bike oughta have some muscle...

1240149_660793483939039_1122820937_n.jpg

Today I put an exercise bike gear on a tandem... fixed in fourth gear at the hub...
Not really a muscle bike, but definitely able to flex some muscle...

Diabolical_Dork said:
Hey yoothgeye, can a brotha get a pic of them forks? You can even drop em on Instagram if that's easier.

I'll lay them out for a photo tomorrow.

Now up to 5 build threads up:

BigFatCat's Kreep Koach: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77359
Pushie Pirate's LFC (Long Fork Cruiser): viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77330
Crash's AMF 'Renegade 5': viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77223
LukeTheJoker's Dragstripper EXTREME!: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77234
Panelmans As yet unnamed build: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=77376&p=750072#p750072

Everyone else feel free to start a build thread, post a link up here to it, but just remember, no work till October 1st!

Luke.

Re: MORE BUILDERS FOR THE MUSCLE BIKE BUILDOFF? JUST DAYS TO GO!

I just found a raggedy Schwinn OCC chopper... although I haven't seen it yet... this new guy is in.

Welcome aboard GuitarlCarl!

CRASH said:
Can we enter more than one build? I might try to get one of my other projects going at the same time.
I guess that should go up for a vote?

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
CRASH said:
Can we enter more than one build? I might try to get one of my other projects going at the same time.

Luke.

I'm cool with that. With the sub listings it shouldn't get TOO confusing. :lol:

bigfatcat said:
LukeTheJoker said:
CRASH said:

Luke.

I'm cool with that. With the sub listings it shouldn't get TOO confusing. :lol:
Let him in, I'm alright with that too.

My two entries:

Muscle Trike: "SmooothThree”
SmooothThree.jpg

This muscle trike is a true chopper, incorporating three bicycles and one Worksman trike. The donor bikes were a Fuji woman’s road bike, a Schwinn woman’s touring bike and parts of a mountain bike. It has the 52-42 crank from the road bike, a 7-speed Shimano internal rear hub, aftermarket springer and ape hangers, oversized saddle and toolbox made from a hunters accessories box. (This trike is now in the process of restoration and will be finished within a couple of weeks.)

“Dark Black”
I chose to go with a mild-custom on this second-gen Schwinn Manta Ray because chopping the frame to fit the multi-speed components would have broken-up the lines. IMHO this is one of the coolest frames ever made for a muscle bike and should have been used as the platform for the “new” Sting-Ray.

Modifications include: OCC Sting-Ray crank, 16T rear cog, hand bent ape hangers from the aftermarket, Zéfail LED’s front and rear, OCC Sting-Ray front wheel and tire, Salsa handgrips w/Bontrager bar end plugs and finally a fenderless front fork in homage to Indian Larry’s choppers.

The only part chopped was the front fender support post in order for clearance of the front wheel and tire.

It is my only ‘Skip’ (a single-speed bicycle w/coaster brake) and one of my stable favorites.

I hope you guys like her.

“Dark Black”
063_zps8152f75b.jpg

064_zps94116f21.jpg

065_zpsf81c0a4b.jpg

ZygoteLittle, will you be doing a build while the build-off is on? It seems that the Manta-Ray is already done, in that case it would not be eligible for entry.
Your trike while very cool, has already had a big modification build done in the past, it would be ineligible too, all work must be done between October 1st and December 1st 2013 and a build thread showing the work as it happens is how the build-off works...

Exceptions can be made for bikes that have had minor modifications done at some point in their lives, but not significantly altered frames/components.

Sorry, just trying to keep it fair for all involved.

Luke.

Very well, Luke; in the spirit of this Build-Off I withdraw my two entries under the aforementioned context – having said that, I will follow this thread and hope its participants all the best in their efforts.

Good luck guys! 8)

LukeTheJoker said:
Welcome aboard GuitarlCarl!

Thanks! Haven't even seen the chopper yet! It's at my son's sister on his mom's side's house.... hehe
been in her basement for a while, said we could have it for 25 bucks...
If all I got were forks it'd be worth that!

Anybody even seen a bike with a "dually" back tire???
How tuff would it be to mod an OCC back rim for that?

Thanks for understanding ZygoteLittle! 8)

There is a bike on here with the dual rear tire set up GuitarlCarl, I think he had two rims welded side by side though... Not sure if you could just fit two tires and tubes to the wide occ rim, might be worth a try though, probably have to air them up a little at a time, switching between the tubes? Need two holes for the valve stems too...

Looking forward to seeing all these bikes getting built!

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Thanks for understanding ZygoteLittle! 8)
You're welcome, Luke.

Good luck you guys and Build-On!!!

I'm looking forward to this starting but to be completely honest, I doubt I'll get mine completed. I finally got moved into my house but haven't brought everything to it yet. I have most of my bike stuff elsewhere in storage. But I will TRY to get mine done in time!!!......fingers & toes crossed.... :wink:

LukeTheJoker said:
I hope you can Chips!

Luke.

Me too! It'll be another simple build on a VERY TIGHT / ALMOST NON-EXISTENT budget. I think I have most of the parts except for the seat.

Latest posts

Back