murray?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this bike a while ago at a yard sale, decided its time to fix it up. Any ideas as to what it is?

IMG_20120616_213237.jpg

Has a Bendix red line hub, had a Schwinn traveller chain guard, and it is skip tooth.

Hopefully the pick loads.

Definately Murray built in the 'liner family. That serial doesn't sound like a sears branded one but those frames had many different badges.

That's not skip tooth though. It's standard 1/2" pitch and that looks to be the proper chainring on it.

I've always liked the four thin bar frames from the 60's. Weather they be this style or the spaceliner style.

Weird, because I tried to put a new chain on and it didn't fit, I just assumed that it must be skip tooth. I will have to take a look at it again.

Still trying to figure out the paint. There is a lot of good paint left, but I need something to cover up the bare spots where I got rid of the rust. Id love to keep the original color but fill in the bare spots. Any ideas?

yj381 said:
Weird, because I tried to put a new chain on and it didn't fit, I just assumed that it must be skip tooth. I will have to take a look at it again.

Still trying to figure out the paint. There is a lot of good paint left, but I need something to cover up the bare spots where I got rid of the rust. Id love to keep the original color but fill in the bare spots. Any ideas?

the red paint on those is very thin in my experience.

you probably put a multi speed chain on that was too narrow. same pitch as that chain ring, but not wide enough.

Latest posts

Back