Murray StratoFlite 1960?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Picked this Murray up today from a roadside vendor while driving home from the disc golf course. If I'm reading the serial number right, it's a 1960 model. The rear rack has been painted over. It has the Delta tank light, front rack, Komet super rear hub, and Troxel seat. Now, what do I do with it?

photo by Phiredog, on Flickr

LukeTheJoker said:
dragnusa said:
The tank and lights are killer
Agree! Real nice!

Luke.

That's what caught my eye off the bat. The chrome is in super shape. Will be tearing into it today to see how it looks inside. Out of curiosity, would the rear rack have had a red cover over the bulb?

If it's the kind I think it is they are easy to re-upholster. Just like 3 bolts and the two pans will separate, then a little old carpet padding scraps and some vinyl or leather and it'd be good as new. Or go custom and use mexican blanket, or old t-shirt or just paint the pan.

outskirtscustoms said:
If it's the kind I think it is they are easy to re-upholster. Just like 3 bolts and the two pans will separate, then a little old carpet padding scraps and some vinyl or leather and it'd be good as new. Or go custom and use mexican blanket, or old t-shirt or just paint the pan.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll check in the morning to see how it's put together.

Back