Murray Boardtrack

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seat isn't a Brooks... It's a genuine Troxel. :wink: Well, got a whole bunch of parts in trade today (Thanks again Walker!) and this beast is 99% done. I got sidetracked from working on my stretch and decided to take a few pictures. Might play around with handlebar positioning some more... they look pretty nice flipped down, but it's tough to ride that way. As it sits now, the bike is very comfortable- it's pretty fast too. Here are the keepers:

2qwinmx.jpg

30ubwpc.jpg

11sm238.jpg

qn4ily.jpg

2yzn50g.jpg

2z6zaqt.jpg

Thanks a ton to Walker for the trusses, handlebar, stem bolt & adjuster, and the killer kickstand! :D Thanks to Joe for the stem, seat and post.

looks great! i think it should be done now. :wink:

stretch said:
looks great! i think it should be done now. :wink:

Thanks! It's pretty much there... I'm re-lacing the rear wheel soon to match the pattern of the front, and looking for some black pointed end grips, and it is 100% done. :D

cool! oh and the good thing about this bike is you dont have to worry about it getting rusty! :lol:

stretch said:
cool! oh and the good thing about this bike is you dont have to worry about it getting rusty! :lol:

Hey yeah! :lol: Years in the Chestnut Hollow boneyard has done enough of that. Rust is the new finish of choice, you know. :wink:

i bet if you left the picture without the sepia filter, the bike would look exactly the same. :D

Chris, the bike looks great! I'm glad you were able to put those parts to good use and the bike looks perfectly authentic too. I bet its fast with that giant chain ring up front!

Honestly, Chris, I liked your original bars better but I know the riding position wasn't as good. Trust me, I have a few like that. Great build... great look... oughta be great fun!

Thanks for the input. I liked them too but riding was pretty uncomfortable. The current set feels very nice... I still have the original seat, though, in case I want to switch later. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks again for the parts Walker :D I'm glad you think it looks authentic, I was hoping it would.

Thanks! :D Grabbed a set of NOS pointed grips off eBay this morning... a bit pricey, but not too much more than a repro set, and I'd way rather have originals. Slightly different style than others I have seen...

13znbc8.jpg

Debating as to whether or not I want to run fenders.

its a boardtrack, and fenders add more weight than class, so no. :D

stretch said:
its a boardtrack, and fenders add more weight than class, so no. :D

I like your reasoning. :) Still might run some rusty old rain gutter fenders though...

stretch said:
little chopped down ones if you must.

:lol: I was actually thinking about just running a rear fender, something like the one below, as a bobbed rear fender, that's boardtracky isn't it? :D

synqmv.jpg

Latest posts

Back