murder the SeaStar for lil' Zach

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my friend's son is about ready for his first bike. it's a hand-me-down from his slightly older daughter.
ladies and gents...... this is a HUFFY SeaStar...... in all it's splendor and glory :shock:
100_1708.jpg

took it apart, and got the decals off (FINALLY!!)
gonna ditch the seat for one of the stock seats off of my build-off tandem.
gonna ditch the pink bars (with welded neck) for the stock bars off the tandem as well(less 3" each side :wink: )
100_1801.jpg

the chain-guard broke when i took it off. it was pretty sun beat plastic, so it started to crumble. :?
i grabbed a door closer cover from work to fab into a new one........
100_1802.jpg

gotta love the dremel!!!
100_1803.jpg

some flat black, gloss white, and gloss red......
a little license plate, and a squeaker horn......
found some reflective D.O.T. tape and cut out a cartoon skull head-badge...
well....... my first mini build :mrgreen:
100_1810.jpg

100_1811.jpg

100_1806.jpg

100_1808.jpg

100_1809.jpg

i think Zach is ready to ride now :mrgreen:

That's sweet! Nice job.
Sean

Just goes to show what a little imagination and hard work can do for even a Sea Star...ha ha!

Turned out great! :D

Too stinkin' funny!
That bike ROCKS!
Fantastic job!

Amazing job!!!
Just picked up one like that on Saturday, thanks to you a see a positive future for it now :wink:

I've got a 4 year old nephew that hasn't quite learned to ride just yet but I've been trying to think how I'd build him a kid sized cruiser that he'll enjoy for a few years. That one looks great! Proof that you can polish a turd!

Later Travis

thanks for the kind words!

i'll be updating this build one more time with a picture of the bike, Zach, and his dad's 63 C10 RatTruck 8)

thanks again :mrgreen:

Back