Multi Purpose HPV

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, they had heavier forks after all, and at the same price as the standard forks, about 7 bucks. And they always sell me something else. I asked to see BMX bars but they were all smaller, for 20" bikes, so I settled for a pair of apes. They were cheap also.
vqpflj.jpg

They added an inch of height, and a front brake works with it. I also put the bars and fenders on and tried it out. It's one comfortable cruiser. There is no more room on the axle to mount the sidecar but I could attach the fender mounts differently. I may ride it like it is for awhile, and/or get another bike for the sidecar.

24eb2wx.jpg

Added the fenders, had to fab up the brackets because the sidecar wasn't made for a fender. I made the band brake on the sidecar a parking brake using a stem shifter. And I started on a sign insert. Around here, all the sidecars say " Not For Hire".

inh1dd.jpg

Thanks, the Typhoon is now a weak tropical storm and is 50 miles due south of us right now. Just light rain but we may see more throughout the day. The mountains really help take the punch of of the storms.

Yes it is, real duct tape, not the imitation stuff. It's on there to cover the sharp ends of the baling wire holding the cable. Safety first! :113: I forgot to get some of those fancy chrome clips from the bike shop.

Back