Mr Drew greets you all

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks! I have been lurking around, posting here and there for a couple weeks, but I waited to post my intro until I had something to show off. So here is my new (to me) 09 Rat Fink that I got as an early birthday present last night! :D

Fink.jpg

As you might have gathered from the title, my name's Drew and I live in Rio Vista, CA which is up on the California Sacramento River delta. I am about an hour's drive from both Sacramento and Oakland. I grew up in the SF Bay Area, and moved out here to the boonies 3 years ago. When I was a kid I frequently "borrowed" my older brother's Schwinn Scrambler (my folks wouldn't buy me one *pout*) and spent much of my childhood on it. As I got into my 30s, after my divorce, I decided to buy myself the bike I always wanted as I kid but never got: a redline BMX bike. So I have a `99 John Purse Signiture series proline. I almost never ride it lol. My first cruiser was a 2005 Diamondback Della Cruz. I really loved that bike - flat black with red and white hot rod pin striping, one speed, classic cruiser frame, white walls - however on Dec 1st 2007 my apartment caught fire and almost all my stuff was destroyed, including my Della Cruz. My redline survived but with a lot of soot all over lol.

Anyhoo, I am super psyched about my Fink, I have wanted one for years! I am a TOTAL NOOB to working on bikes. I want to learn how to work on and maintain it, and to build a new bike from scratch! :D Any and all help will be appreciated! I have seen a lot of your bikes and builds, and I gotta say the talent on this site is amazing. I look forward to sharing my own adventures with you and being a part of yours. :mrgreen:

Thanks! After stalking around the various threads and gallery, I already have plotted out a bike I want to build in my mind, however I want to learn as much as I can about the process before making any concrete decisions about what frame/parts to get. I appreciate the warm welcome!

Back