Mounting fenders on a mountian ? HELP ?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Specilized HardRock Mountain Bike. I am converting it to a Beach Cruiser. GASP! I bought some plastic fenders that fit a 29er, However I now have to macgyver them to attach around my Disc Brakes. I can see that mounting them on the axle is probable the best. However there is no room on the inside. The outside is all the way around the shocks and Brake. So I am thinking about a large U shaped bracket to attach to the axle and loop under the fork/brake and have the fender bracket attach to it on the backside. Has anyone done this and will it work? Rat Rod Members = Bike gods. Thanks for all your help and support.
CEsO7wmkKGrHqFl0E1Fvvo8BNRzCR42cw_35.jpg
IMG_0703.jpg

We live in SoCal dude, usually you take fenders off to make a beach cruiser :wink:

Might try getting a set of these half clamps that will fit around the fork stanchions, possibly you can snake it under and between the brake bosses. May not look pretty but other than getting a fender that was actually designed for use with a suspension fork( like these http://www.blueskycycling.com/cat-fender.htm), options ain't that great(cheap rigid fork?).

rubber_coated_body_clamp_38_stud.JPG

Great idea. Much more stable then my idea. I knew you would know. Thanks. I know fenders on a mountain bike is out there, But the do not make 21 speed beach cruisers with Disc Brakes.

0226011449.jpg

cp1_0226011452.jpg

Well I did it. Took some rebending of the supports, but I have no tire rub and it looks good.
It will look better with some street tires instead of the off Road tires. No more rocks in my
hair and no more ping of stones bouncing of the front down tube. I cannot wait to take it out.

Is it a 26" bike? if so, I think, with the color of your bike and the black rims, a cool tire option would be the Bell Streamliners at (of all places) Wal-Mart. I think they're 26 x 2.25 (slighter larger than standard balloon tires), with the tan pinstripe, it would work, I think.
Here's what I'm talking about. This isn't my bike, but I love the way it looks.
IMG_66981.jpg

Cheers!
Dr. T

Back