Mountain Bike project

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have my lowrider which is my sunshine, warm evening ride and I also have this run of the mill mountain bike which I use for work (when its raining) and the misses uses when we go out for rides.
I was looking at it and thought it could do with a bit of a face lift (have made the lock holder myself annd fitted the lights and the muds flaps just for practically). I have a comfy seat on order and got some blue tyres coming in which should make it look a bit different! I'll keep you updated on how it goes but if anyone else has a mountain bike project would love to see some pictures and get some ideas! :D
007_zpsc26e20a7.jpg

Cheers for the comments, yeh its a strange frame as it is split at the top! I bought it of a friend for ony £20! Will post pics once I have mounted the new blue tyres. Wonder what it would look like and if I could fit a 26'' springer front end as it does run 26's??! :lol:

Buffalo Wild Bike? by sunliner500, on Flickr

I dunno if there's anything inspiring here, but my mountain bike is what got me into working on bicycles. I inherited this bike from my mom when she passed away, and it spent ten-ish years being chained to carports and porch rails until I fixed it up. No big changes, new tires, chain, cables, and rear shifter lever. The PO had covered the multicolored bits with white shelf paper, and I cleaned that off. That set the hook.

Great looking bike! Have fitted the blue tyres and new comfy seat and for the £30 the tyres and seat cost think the bike looks like it should cost a couple of hundred pounds!! Well happy with the result! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
003_zpsb66f941a.jpg

002_zps84f95863.jpg

Back