Mountain Bike Frames???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice thing is tires over 2.125" fit easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first complete multi-speed mountain bike rebuild. I found this mid 90's Treck Singletrack in the trash not far from my house. Because my heart breaks everytime I see a bike in the trash. I had to check it out. Turns out that rims and frame were in great condition other than being weathered a bit I decided to start a new project. I managed to spend nearly $300 on new components updating just about everything. I've had it out on multiple trails it has held up wonderfully through the early part of this season.
27821104591_f8d6ed8a0b_z.jpg
New Mountain Bike Rebuild[/url] by Christopher Fick, on Flickr[/IMG]
IMG_1573.jpg

Maybe that line should be: "Friends don't let friends ride standard mountain bikes"

Luke.
Real friends let friends ride what ever they want.
Personally I'm happy to see some one riding any kind of bike. :grin:

Hey!! No dissing MTB-ers. :grin: There are many hard-core MTB-heads on this site!! :aggressive: Here in Utah, when your old MTB goes out-of-fashion, it generally gets turned into a Townie or stuffed in the garage. I will say that the older, steel framed MTB's are tough as nails, and make for good townies, rats, or donor frames.

Last edited:
This reminded me of a similar one....."Friends don't let friends ride JUNK" :giggle: (rossignol)

Old mountain bikes are tough, dirt cheap, and can make great cheap riders. My go-to bike is an old custom hybrid (basically an early mountain bike frame that fit 700c)—rides comfortably, sits high, handles cargo without a problem, has gearing that doesn't care about anything, great lighting, a paint job designed to look fine beat up, and gets a ton of comments. Cars even give me more space on the road in it!

upload_2016-10-18_17-37-9.png

That's an early-80s TN-built Murray, though, Luke.... not a GT!
Woops! Thought I was looking at a triple triangle GT... Never seen anything else with that frame design...

Still learnin!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back